HCS-40P, Plug-in 32A, Level 2 EVSE, 240V, NEMA 14-50 plug, Up to 31 Miles of Range Per Hour of Charging
ClipperCreek's most popular electric vehicle charging station is now offered as a plug-in as well! The HCS-40P, with a NEMA 14-50 plug, is a high-quality, high-power, low-price EVSE, built and tested to automaker standards to ensure a reliable charge every time.
Works with all plug-in vehicles including the Chevy Bolt, BMW i3, Cadillac ELR, Honda Accord, BMW i4, etc.
Need help finding an electrician? Check out our electrician locator tool: ClipperCreek Charging Station Recommended Installers.
Not sure whether to purchase a hardwired or plug-in?
Read “EV Charging Station Installation: Hardwired vs. Plug-In”
to find out which model is best for your installation!
HCS-40P with NEMA 14-50 Plug Features:
- 32 Amp, Level 2 EVSE, 240V, NEMA 14-50 Plug, Up to 31 Miles of Range Per Hour of Charging
- FASTER CHARGING SPEEDS: The HCS-40P Level 2 EV Charging Station EVSE - charges your car up to 5.5x faster than the cordset that came with your electric vehicle. It is a plug-in (NEMA 14-50) car charger and works with ALL electric cars. 32 Amps of power (7.7kW) is perfect for electric vehicles like the Nissan LEAF, Chevy Bolt, and BMW i3.
- SAFETY CERTIFIED: ClipperCreek's ETL listing demonstrates this product has met the requirements of widely accepted product safety standards for EV charging stations. It has a NEMA 4 enclosure for safe and reliable indoor or outdoor installation and is backed by our 3-year warranty and outstanding customer service. ETL LISTED
- Automatic circuit reclosure after minor power fault - if your car can be charged, it will be charged.
- CONVENIENT: 25 feet of charging cable for flexible installation and usability. Keep your charging cord neatly stowed with ClipperCreek’s integrated cable wrap and free wall mount connector holster.
- EASIEST INSTALLATION: We’ve made charging your car as easy as charging your mobile devices. ClipperCreek charging stations need no assembly – just plug into your existing NEMA 14-50 receptacle or install a 14-50R 220V-240V socket, plug in the HCS-40P, and you’re done!
- CABLE MANAGEMENT INCLUDED: Keep your charging cord neatly stowed with ClipperCreek’s integrated cable wrap and free wall mount connector holster. Plus, our connector accommodates a specially sized padlock (lock included free) for your security.
- FREE Connector tag and dry erase penUse to indicate if it's okay to unplug your vehicle while charging at a public charging station
- The HCS-40P alternatively is offered as a Hardwired installation or with a NEMA 6-50 plug.
- Ruggedized Option. The HCS-40P with NEMA 14-50 plug is available in a Ruggedized model designed for fleet, parking lot, and extreme weather conditions, featuring rubber over-molded SAE J1772 connector, and a five-year warranty.
- Cable Cradle - The ClipperCreek Cable Cradle mounts to a wall near your electric vehicle charging station or connector holster to easily manage the cable, keeping it off the ground and wall when not in use (charging station and connector holster sold separately).
- Travel Bracket - Take your HCS with you when you go - for convenient, fast charging even when you aren't at home! The HCS Travel Bracket makes it easy to mount and unmount your HCS station with no tools necessary!
- Travel Bracket Bundle of 2 - If you have two regular locations that have a plug for your HCS, save now by buying two travel brackets at a reduced cost! 2 for $40
- The Wall Mount Retractor - The ideal solution for sites that need cable management, keeping charging cables off the ground and vehicle connectors protected.
Read more about 240v receptacle safety considerations for plug-in charging stations.
To read or download the latest Manual for this product, please visit ClipperCreek Product Manuals.
CUSTOMER FEEDBACK: I bought this EVSE for my 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid. My car's built in charger is 6.6 kWh so I needed at least a 30 amp EVSE. This 32 amp device is just what I needed. It took my charge time with the supplied 120 volt EVSE from 12 hours to 2.5 hours with the HCS-40P. My car has a timer and a web app, so I didn't need those features in an EVSE. I give this item highest marks because it is a basic-feature-device with a robust power supply for charging my car.
Submitted by Tailwind, 3/18/2018
|Charging Power||32 Amp (7.7kW max)|
|Product Dimensions||19.7”L x 8.9”W x 5.3”D|
|Product Weight||13.5 lbs.|
|Installation||Plug-in (NEMA 14-50, cord length 12” including plug head)|
|Supply Circuit||208/240V, 40A/50A|
|Charge Cable Length||25 feet|
|Vehicle Connector Type||Lockable SAE J1772|
|Accessories Included||SAE J1772 Connector Holster (wall mount); Connector Lock and Keys|
|Enclosure||Fully Sealed NEMA 4|
|Environment Rating||Indoor/Outdoor rated|
|Operating Temperature||-22°F to 122°F (-30°C to +50°C)|
|Certifications||ETL, cETLus, ENERGY STAR®|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
HCS-40P, Plug-in 32A, Level 2 EVSE, 240V, NEMA 14-50 plug, with 25 ft cable
- Brand: ClipperCreek
- Product Code: HCS-40-C13-P6-L25-190
- Availability: In Stock
$616.00 & Free Shipping