ClipperCreek's most popular electric vehicle charging station is now offered as a plug-in as well! The HCS-40P, with a NEMA 14-50 plug, is a high-quality, high-power, low-price EVSE, built and tested to automaker standards to ensure a reliable charge every time.
Works with all plug-in vehicles including the Chevy Bolt, BMW i3, Cadillac ELR, Honda Accord, and BMW 330e,etc.
For a complete list of all current electric vehicles and the approximate time to charge from empty to full with a variety of ClipperCreek charging stations, please visit https://www.clippercreek.com/charging-times-chart/
to find out which model is best for your installation!
The HCS-40P with NEMA 14-50 plug features:
- FASTER CHARGING SPEEDS: The HCS-40P Level 2 EV Charging Station EVSE - charges your car up to 5.5x faster than the cordset that came with your electric vehicle. It is a plug-in (NEMA 14-50) car charger and works with ALL electric cars. 32 Amps of power (7.7kW) is perfect for electric vehicles like the Nissan LEAF, Chevy Bolt, and BMW i3.
- SAFETY CERTIFIED: ClipperCreek's ETL listing demonstrates this product has met the requirements of widely accepted product safety standards for EV charging stations. It has a NEMA 4 enclosure for safe and reliable indoor or outdoor installation and is backed by our 3 year warranty and outstanding customer service. ETL LISTED
- CONVENIENT: Compact size and 25 feet of charging cable for flexible installation and usability. Keep your charging cord neatly stowed with ClipperCreek’s integrated cable wrap and free wall mount connector holster. Plus, our connector accommodates a specially sized padlock (lock included free) for your security.
- EASIEST INSTALLATION: We’ve made charging your car as easy as charging your mobile devices. ClipperCreek charging stations need no assembly – just plug in to your existing NEMA 14-50 receptacle or install 14-50R 220V-240V socket, plug in the HCS-40P, and you’re done!
- CABLE MANAGEMENT INCLUDED: Keep your charging cord neatly stowed with ClipperCreek’s integrated cable wrap and free wall mount connector holster. Plus, our connector accommodates a specially sized padlock (lock included free) for your security.
- ChargeGuard Access Control: Add ChargeGuard to your order for just $78 per HCS-40P and control who is able to use your charging station. ChargeGuard is a simple key-based access control solution designed for fleet, workplace, multi-tenant, hospitality and residential charging applications. READ MORE >
- The HCS-40P alternatively is offered as a Hardwired installation or with a NEMA 6-50 plug.
- Ruggedized Option. The HCS-40P with NEMA 14-50 plug is available in a Ruggedized model designed for fleet, parking lot and extreme weather conditions, featuring a rubber overmolded SAE J1772 connector, a field-replaceable latch, and a five year warranty.
- Cable Cradle - The ClipperCreek Cable Cradle mounts to a wall near your electric vehicle charging station or connector holster to easily manage the cable, keeping it off the ground and wall when not in use (charging station and connector holster sold separately). $19
- Travel Bracket - Take your HCS with you when you go - for convenient, fast charging even when you aren't at home! The HCS Travel Bracket makes it easy to mount and unmount your HCS station with no tools necessary! $24.95
- Travel Bracket Bundle of 2 - If you have two regular locations that have a plug for your HCS, save now by buying two travel brackets at a reduced cost! 2 for $40
- Combination Lock for Connector - Provides a simple, low-cost, key-less an re-settable way to ensure only authorized users have access to charging $5.95
- The Wall Mount Retractor - The ideal solution for sites that need cable management, keeping charging cables off the ground and vehicle connectors protected.
To read or download the latest Manual for this product, please visit ClipperCreek Product Manuals.
CUSTOMER FEEDBACK: I bought this EVSE for my 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid. My car's built in charger is 6.6 kWh so I needed at least a 30 amp EVSE. This 32 amp device is just what I needed. It took my charge time with the supplied 120 volt EVSE from 12 hours to 2.5 hours with the HCS-40P. My car has a timer and a web app, so I didn't need those features in an EVSE. I give this item highest marks because it is a basic-feature-device with a robust power supply for charging my car.
Submitted by Tailwind, 3/18/2018
Just how rugged is the HCS? Check out this fun video the folks at ClipperCreek created to test it's durability.
ClipperCreek is known for having the easiest installs in the industry - which saves you time and money! Here's a video of an electrician installing an HCS-40 charging station.
|Charging Power||32 Amp (7.7kW max)|
|Product Dimensions||19.7”L x 8.9”W x 5.3”D|
|Product Weight||13.5 lbs.|
|Installation||Plug-in (NEMA 14-50, cord length 12” including plug head)|
|Supply Circuit||208/240V, 40A/50A|
|Charge Cable Length||25 feet|
|Vehicle Connector Type||Lockable SAE J1772|
|Accessories Included||SAE J1772 Connector Holster (wall mount); Connector Lock and Keys|
|Enclosure||Fully Sealed NEMA 4|
|Operating Temperature||-22°F to 122°F (-30°C to +50°C)|
|Certifications||ETL, cETLus, ENERGY STAR®|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
HCS-40P, Plug-in 32A, Level 2 EVSE, 240V, NEMA 14-50 plug, with 25 ft cable
- Product Code: 0922-00-003
- Availability: Pre-Order
Tags: 32A, 32Amp, 32 Amp, 32 A, 40P hcs-40P hcs40p nema 14-50 14 50 1450, hcs 40, hcs40, Audi A3 E-Tron, Q5 Plug-In Hybrid, BMW 330e, 530e, 740e, 745e, ActiveE, i3 (2014-2016), i3 (2017 - 2018 - 90 Ah battery), i3 (2017 - 60 Ah battery), i3 (2019), i8, X3 xDrive30e, X5 xDrive40e, X5 xDrive45e, Cadillac CT6, ELR, Chevy Bolt, Bolt (2020), Spark, Volt, Volt 2016-2018, Volt LT 2019, Volt LT Upgrade 2019, Volt Premier 2019, Chrysler Pacifica, Coda, Fiat 500e, Fisker Karma, Ford C-Max, Energi, Escape PHEV 2020, Focus EV, Focus EV 2017 - 2018, Fusion Energi, Honda Accord, Clarity, Clarity Plug-In Hybrid, Hyundai Ioniq BEV 2020, Ioniq BEV, Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid, Kona, Sonata, Jaguar I-PACE, Karma Revero, Kia Niro, Niro PHEV, Optima, Soul, Soul 2020, Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring AWD, Mercedes C350 Hybrid, GLC 350e, GLC 350e (2020), GLE 550e, S550 Hybrid MINI Cooper S E Countryman ALL4, Cooper SE (2020), Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Outlander, Nissan Leaf (2011-2012), Leaf (2018 - 2019), Leaf Plus, Leaf S (2013-2016 - 3.3kW onboard charger), Leaf S (2013-2016 - 6.6kW upgraded onboard charger), Leaf S (2017 - 3.3kW onboard charger), Leaf S (2017 - 6.6kW upgraded onboard charger), Leaf SL or SV (2013-2015 - 6.6kW upgraded onboard charger), Leaf SL or SV (2016-2017 - 6.6kW onboard charger), Porsche 918 Spyder, Cayenne S E-Hybrid, Cayenne S E-Hybrid Upgrade, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Upgrade, Panamera S E-Hybrid, Panamera S E-Hybrid Upgrade, Range Rover P400e, Smart ForTwo ED, ForTwo ED (2017 - 2018), Subaru Crosstrek, Toyota Prius EV, Prius Prime EV, RAV4 Prime SE & XSE, RAV4 Prime XSE Premium, Volvo S90 T8, V60, XC40 Recharge, XC60 T8, XC90 T8, VW e-Golf (2016 - 2018 - SE), e-Golf (2016 - 2018 - SEL and Limited Edition), e-Golf (2019 - SE and SEL), e-Golf 2015, e-Golf SE