HCS-40P, Plug-in, 32 Amp, Level 2 EVSE, 240V, NEMA 6-50, Up to 31 Miles of Range Per Hour of Charging
ClipperCreek's most popular electric vehicle charging station is offered as a plug-in as well! The HCS-40P, with a NEMA 6-50 plug, is a high-quality, high-power, low-price EVSE, built and tested to automaker standards to ensure a reliable charge every time. Works with all plug-in vehicles including the Subaru Crosstrek PHEV, Mercedes GLE 550e, Kia Optima, Jaguar I-PACE, etc.
Need help finding an electrician? Check out our electrician locator tool: ClipperCreek Charging Station Recommended Installers
- Not sure whether to purchase a hardwired or plug-in?
- Read “EV Charging Station Installation: Hardwired vs. Plug-In”
- to find out which model is best for your installation!
HCS-40P with NEMA 6-50 Plug Features:
- 32 Amp, Level 2 EVSE, 240V, NEMA 6-50 Plug, Up to 31 Miles of Range Per Hour of Charging
- Fast Charging: 7.7kW of power to charge your vehicle quickly
- Quality: Technology that works for the life of your current plug-in vehicle and then some
- Durable: Rugged, fully sealed NEMA 4 enclosure
- Weatherproof: Indoor/Outdoor Rated
- Reliable: Backed by ClipperCreek’s 3-year warranty and outstanding customer service
- Convenient: 25 feet of charging cable for installation and operation flexibility
- Minimal Standby Power Consumption: (No on/off switch required)
- Automatic Circuit Reclosure: In the event of a minor power fault, the built-in reclosure timer will continue re-checking conditions and begin charging again as soon as possible (if your car needs charging)
- Lockable SAE J1772 Connector
- Wall Mount SAE J1772 Connector Holster Included
- Connector Lock & Keys Included
- Free Connector Tag and Dry Erase Pen Included: Use to indicate if it's okay to unplug your vehicle while charging at a public charging station
- ETL LISTED
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
Other Available Options:
- The HCS-40P is alternatively offered as an HCS-40P with NEMA 14-50 Plug (0922-00-003) or as an HCS-40 Hardwired Installation (0918-00-003).
- Ruggedized HCS-40PR with NEMA 6-50 Plug (0922-01-000): Designed for fleet, parking lot, and extreme weather conditions, featuring a rubber over-molded SAE J1772 connector, and a five-year warranty.
- ChargeGuard Access Control (0900-08-000): Add ChargeGuard to your order for just $86 per HCS-40P and control who is able to use your charging station. ChargeGuard is a simple key-based access control solution designed for fleet, workplace, multi-tenant, hospitality, and residential charging applications.
- Cable Cradle - The ClipperCreek Cable Cradle mounts to a wall near your electric vehicle charging station or connector holster to easily manage the cable, keeping it off the ground and wall when not in use (charging station and connector holster sold separately).
- Travel Bracket - Take your HCS with you when you go - for convenient, fast charging even when you aren't at home! The HCS Travel Bracket makes it easy to mount and unmount your HCS station with no tools necessary!
- Travel Bracket Bundle of 2 - If you have two regular locations that have a plug for your HCS, save now by buying two travel brackets at a reduced cost!
- The Wall Mount Retractor from ClipperCreek is the ideal solution for sites that need cable management, keeping charging cables off the ground and vehicle connectors protected.
There are many local and state incentives toward the purchase and installation of an EV charging station. To see if there are any available for your area, visit our EVSE Rebates and Incentives page.
To read or download the latest Manual for this product, please visit ClipperCreek Product Manuals.
"I bought the HCS-40P charger with the NEMA 6-50 plug. This thing is awesome! I have a 2018 Prius Prime that came with a 110 volt charger. The stock charger took 5 hours and 10 minutes to charge. The ClipperCreek charge does a full charge from empty in 2 hours!Since I don’t live too far from ClipperCreek headquarters, I drove there to pick up my charger. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave me a tour of the facility while my charger was being boxed up. They also let me charge my car while I was waiting. I can’t say enough about what a great company ClipperCreek is and how much I love my charger."
|Charging Power||32 Amp (7.7kW max)|
|Product Dimensions||19.7”L x 8.9”W x 5.3”D|
|Product Weight||13.5 lbs|
|Installation||Plug-in (NEMA 6-50, cord length 12” including plug head)|
|Supply Circuit||208/240V, 40A/50A|
|Charge Cable Length||25 feet|
|Vehicle Connector Type||Lockable SAE J1772|
|Accessories Included||SAE J1772 Connector Holster (wall mount); Connector Lock & Keys|
|Enclosure||Fully Sealed NEMA 4|
|Environment Rating||Indoor/Outdoor rated|
|Operating Temperature||-22°F to 122°F (-30°C to +50°C)|
|Certifications||ETL, cETLus, ENERGY STAR®|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
HCS-40P, Plug-in, 32 Amp, Level 2 EVSE, 240V, NEMA 6-50 plug, with 25 ft cable
- Brand: ClipperCreek
- Product Code: 0922-00-000
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: 32A, 32Amp, 32 Amp, 32 A, 40P, hcs-40P, hcs40p, nema 6-50, 6 50, 650, hcs 40, hcs40, A3 E-Tron, Q5, 330e, 530e, 740e, 745e, i8, X3 xDrive30e, X5 xDrive40e, X5 xDrive45e, ActiveE, i3, ELR, CT6, Spark, Volt, Volt LT, Bolt, Volt Premier, Pacifica, Coda, 500e, Karma, C-Max Energi, Escape, Fusion Energi, Focus, Accord, Clarity, Ioniq, Sonata, Kona, I-PACE, Wrangler 4xe, Revero, Niro, Optima, Soul, Aviator Grand Touring, C350 Hybrid, GLE 550e, S550 Hybrid, GLC 350e, Cooper S E Countryman ALL4, Cooper SE, i-MiEV, Outlander, Leaf, Leaf S, Leaf Plus, Leaf SL, Leaf SV, Polestar 2, 918 Spyder, Cayenne S E-Hybrid, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid, Panamera S E-Hybrid, Cayenne S E-Hybrid Upgrade, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Upgrade, Panamera S E-Hybrid Upgrade, P400e, ForTwo ED, Crosstrek PHEV, Model 3 Standard, Prius EV, Prius Prime EV, RAV4 Prime SE, Premium, V60, XC90 T8, S90 T8, XC60 T8, XC40 Recharge, e-Golf SE, e-Golf, e-Golf SEL