HCS-D40P Plug-in Dual Charging Station, Level 2, 240V, NEMA 6-50, Up to 31 Miles of Range Per Hour of Charging
Charge 2 electric vehicles. One station. One Circuit. Double your vehicle charging capacity and save. The HCS-D40P is a 32 Amp, Level 2 plug-in EV charging station (NEMA 6-50 plug) that can charge two vehicles simultaneously on one circuit.
The HCS-D40P divides electricity between two vehicles, with up to 16 Amps of electricity each when two are charging and up to 32 Amps when one vehicle is charging. The HCS-D40P is installed on one 40 Amp/50 Amp circuit, which helps to minimize electrical infrastructure costs. It can be mounted on a wall in a convenient area thanks to a 25-foot cable reach.
The HCS-D40P is a universal charging station and will charge two electric vehicles with lockable SAE J1772 connectors. Its power level is suitable for electric cars such as the BMW i4, the Honda Clarity EV, and the Tesla Model 3.
Need help finding an electrician? Check out our electrician locator tool: ClipperCreek Charging Station Recommended Installers
- Not sure whether to purchase a hardwired or plug-in?
- Read “EV Charging Station Installation: Hardwired vs. Plug-In”
- to find out which model is best for your installation!
HCS-D40P, Dual Charging Station with NEMA 6-50 Plug Features:
- The HCS-D40 splits electricity between two vehicles. It is installed on one 40 Amp circuit
- Adds up to 31 miles of range per hour if one car is charging
- Adds up to 15 miles of range per hour per car if two cars are charging
- 32 Amp, Level 2 EVSE, 240V, 7.7kW, NEMA 6-50 Plug, Up to 31 Miles of Range Per Hour of Charging
- Fully Sealed NEMA 4 Station Enclosure for indoor or outdoor installation
- Operating Temperatures: -22°F to 122°F (-30°C to 50°C)
- No Assembly Required
- Reliable: Backed by ClipperCreek’s 3-year warranty and outstanding customer service
- Automatic Circuit Reclosure: In the event of a minor power fault, the built-in reclosure timer will continue re-checking conditions and begin charging again as soon as possible (if your car needs charging)
- Two SAE J1772 Universal Connectors, suitable for charging all-electric vehicles in the US
- Connector Head Latch can Accommodate a Specially Sized Padlock for Security (Padlocks Included)
- Two Wall or Pedestal Mount SAE J1772 Connector Holsters Included
- FREE Connector Tag and Dry Erase Pen Included: Use to indicate if it's okay to unplug your vehicle while charging at a public charging station
- Two 25 Foot Charging Cables for installation flexibility and superior vehicle reach
- Integrated Cable Wrap: Making storing the cable simple and convenient
- Optional Cable Cradle: Offered for easy cable management of additional charging cable, just $21
- ETL LISTED
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
Other Available Options:
- Hardwired: HCS-D40 Dual Charging Station, Hardwired (0908-00-000)
- Plug-in with NEMA 14-50: HCS-D40P Plug-in Dual Charging Station (0917-00-000)
- Cable Cradle - The ClipperCreek Cable Cradle mounts to a wall near your electric vehicle charging station or connector holster to easily manage the cable, keeping it off the ground and wall when not in use (charging station and connector holster sold separately). ClipperCreek suggests using it to wrap one of the cables when not in use for easy cable management of the dual EV charging station.
Other Compatible Accessories:
- The Wall Mount Retractor - Ideal for sites that need cable management, keeping charging cables off the ground, and vehicle connectors protected.
There are many local and state incentives for the purchase and installation of an EV charging station. To see if there are any available for your area, visit our EVSE Rebates and Incentives page.
To read or download the latest Manual for this product, please visit ClipperCreek Product Manuals.
BMWBLOG reviewed our HCS-D recently. Check out their review here.
"After speaking with the team at ClipperCreek, the HCS-D40 Dual charging station was the best fit and it's working like a charm! Aaron at Phil Haupt Electric did a great job on the installation and had us up and running in just a couple of hours. Now we charge both cars at the same time without a problem."
Now Available: Trade-UP!
If you currently own a functioning HCS-40, HCS-40P, HCS-40R, HCS-40PR, HCS-50, or HCS-50P, ClipperCreek will buy it back when you order the HCS-D40P. Get up to $250 for your current HCS unit!
Swapping out an existing HCS charging station with our new HCS-D40P dual charging station is simple! Get the Trade-UP! details here.
|Charging Power||32 Amp (7.7kW max)|
|Product Dimensions||19.7"L x 8.9"W x 5.3"D|
|Product Weight||21 lbs|
|Installation||Plug-in (NEMA 6-50, cord length 12” including plug head)|
|Supply Circuit||208/240V, 40A|
|Charge Cable Length||25 feet for each cable (2 cables total)|
|Vehicle Connector Type||Lockable SAE J1772 (2)|
|Accessories Included||2 - SAE J1772 Connector Holsters (wall or pedestal mount); 2 - Connector Locks and Keys|
|Enclosure||Fully Sealed NEMA 4|
|Operating Temperature||-22°F to 122°F (-30°C to +50°C)|
|Certifications||ETL, cETLus, ENERGY STAR®|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
HCS-D40P Plug-in Dual Charging Station, Level 2, 240V, NEMA 6-50
- Brand: ClipperCreek
- Product Code: 0917-00-001
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: 32A, 32Amp, 32 Amp, 32 A, hcs-40, hcs40, A3 E-Tron, Q5, 330e, 530e, 740e, 745e, i8, X3 xDrive30e, X5 xDrive40e, X5 xDrive45e, ActiveE, i3, ELR, CT6, Spark, Volt, Volt LT, Bolt, Volt Premier, Pacifica, Coda, 500e, Karma, C-Max Energi, Escape, Fusion Energi, Focus, Accord, Clarity, Ioniq, Sonata, Kona, I-PACE, Wrangler 4xe, Revero, Niro, Optima, Soul, Aviator Grand Touring, C350 Hybrid, GLE 550e, S550 Hybrid, GLC 350e, Cooper S E Countryman ALL4, Cooper SE, i-MiEV, Outlander, Leaf, Leaf S, Leaf Plus, Leaf SL, Leaf SV, Polestar 2, 918 Spyder, Cayenne S E-Hybrid, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid, Panamera S E-Hybrid, Cayenne S E-Hybrid Upgrade, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Upgrade, Panamera S E-Hybrid Upgrade, P400e, ForTwo ED, Crosstrek PHEV, Model 3 Standard, Prius EV, Prius Prime EV, RAV4 Prime SE, Premium, V60, XC90 T8, S90 T8, XC60 T8, XC40 Recharge, e-Golf SE, e-Golf, e-Golf SEL