HCS-D40 Dual Charging Station, Level 2, Hardwired, Up to 31 Miles of Range Per Hour of Charging
Charge 2 electric vehicles. One station. One Circuit. Double your vehicle charging capacity and save.
The HCS-D40 is a 32 Amp, Level 2 hardwired station that can charge two vehicles simultaneously on one circuit. The HCS-D40 splits electricity between two vehicles, with up to 16 Amps of electricity each when both are charging and up to 32 Amps when one vehicle is charging. It is installed on one 40 Amp circuit. The HCS-D40 can be mounted on a wall or on one of several free-standing pedestal options. Up to two HCS-D40 charging stations can be mounted on a pedestal, allowing the charging of up to 4 vehicles per pedestal. The HCS-D40 is a universal charging station and will charge any electric vehicle. It's power level is perfect for electric cars such as the BMW i3, the Honda Clarity EV, and the Kia Soul EV.
Click here to read a recent review from an HCS-D customer
Need help finding an electrician? Check out our electrician locator tool: ClipperCreek Charging Station Recommended Installers.
to find out which model is best for your installation!
Features of the HCS-D40 Dual Charging Station:
- The HCS-D40 splits electricity between two vehicles. It is installed on one 40 Amp circuit
- Adds up to 31 miles of range per hour if one car is charging
- Adds up to 15 miles of range per hour per car if two cars are charging
- 32 Amp, Dual Charging, Hardwired, Level 2 EVSE, 240V, Up to 31 Miles of Range Per Hour of Charging
- 7.7kW of power to charge two electric vehicles quickly
- Fully sealed NEMA 4 station enclosure for indoor or outdoor installation
- Automatic circuit reclosure after minor power fault - if your car can be charged, it will be charged
- Integrated cable wrap making storing the cable simple and convenient
- Optional Cable Cradle offered for easy cable management of additional charging cable, just $21
- Two 25 foot charging cables for installation flexibility and superior vehicle reach
- Two SAE J1772 universal connectors, suitable for charging all electric vehicles in the US
- Connector head latch can accommodate a specially sized padlock for security (padlocks included)
- Two wall or pedestal mount SAE J1772 connector holsters
- Operating temperatures: -22°F to 122°F (-30°C to 50°C)
- Backed by ClipperCreek's 3-year warranty and outstanding customer service.
- No assembly required
- Made in America
- ETL LISTED
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- FREE Connector tag and dry erase pen included. Use to indicate if it's okay to unplug your vehicle while charging at a public charging station.
- Plug-in: The HCD-D40 is also available with two different plugs: HCS-D40P with NEMA 14-50 plug or HCS-D40P with NEMA 6-50 plug.
- More power: Check out the HCS-D50 for 40 Amps of available power.
- Cable Cradle - The ClipperCreek Cable Cradle mounts to a wall near your electric vehicle charging station or connector holster to easily manage the cable, keeping it off the ground and wall when not in use (charging station and connector holster sold separately). ClipperCreek suggests using it to wrap one of the cables when not in use for easy cable management of the dual EV charging station.
Other Compatible Accessories:
- The Wall Mount Retractor from ClipperCreek is the ideal solution for sites that need cable management, keeping charging cables off the ground and vehicle connectors protected.
- Pedestal Mounting Options - the perfect solution for parking lots. Up to two dual charging stations can be mounted allowing up to four electric vehicles to charge simultaneously.
Customer Feedback: After speaking with the team at ClipperCreek, the HCS-D40 Dual charging station was the best fit and it's working like a charm! Aaron at Phil Haupt Electric did a great job on the installation and had us up and running in just a couple of hours. Now we charge both cars at the same time without a problem - Lisa
MEDIA REVIEW: BMWBLOG reviewed our HCS-D recently. Check out their review >
To read or download the latest Manual for this product, please visit ClipperCreek Product Manuals.
|Charging Power||32 Amp (7.7kW max)|
|Product Dimensions||19.7"L x 8.9"W x 5.3"D|
|Product Weight||21 lbs|
|Installation||Hardwired (3 foot service whip provided)|
|Supply Circuit||208/240V, 40A|
|Charge Cable Length||25 feet for each cable (2 cables total)|
|Vehicle Connector Type||Lockable SAE J1772 (2)|
|Accessories Included||2 - SAE J1772 Connector Holsters (wall or pedestal mount); 2 - Connector Locks and Keys|
|Enclosure||Fully Sealed NEMA 4|
|Operating Temperature||-22°F to 122°F (-30°C to +50°C)|
|Certifications||ETL, cETLus, ENERGY STAR®|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
HCS-D40 Dual Charging Station, Level 2, 240V, 25 foot cable
- Brand: ClipperCreek
- Product Code: HCS-D40-C13-L25-113
- Availability: Pre-Order
$1,484.00 & Free Shipping
Tags: 32A, 32Amp, 32 Amp, 32 A, hcs-40, hcs40, A3 E-Tron, Q5, 330e, 530e, 740e, 745e, i8, X3 xDrive30e, X5 xDrive40e, X5 xDrive45e, ActiveE, i3, ELR, CT6, Spark, Volt, Volt LT, Bolt, Volt Premier, Pacifica, Coda, 500e, Karma, C-Max Energi, Escape, Fusion Energi, Focus, Accord, Clarity, Ioniq, Sonata, Kona, I-PACE, Wrangler 4xe, Revero, Niro, Optima, Soul, Aviator Grand Touring, C350 Hybrid, GLE 550e, S550 Hybrid, GLC 350e, Cooper S E Countryman ALL4, Cooper SE, i-MiEV, Outlander, Leaf, Leaf S, Leaf Plus, Leaf SL, Leaf SV, Polestar 2, 918 Spyder, Cayenne S E-Hybrid, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid, Panamera S E-Hybrid, Cayenne S E-Hybrid Upgrade, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Upgrade, Panamera S E-Hybrid Upgrade, P400e, ForTwo ED, Crosstrek PHEV, Model 3 Standard, Prius EV, Prius Prime EV, RAV4 Prime SE, Premium, V60, XC90 T8, S90 T8, XC60 T8, XC40 Recharge, e-Golf SE, e-Golf, e-Golf SEL