HCS-40, 32 Amp, Level 2 EVSE, 240V, Hardwired, Up to 31 Miles of Range Per Hour of Charging
ClipperCreek's most popular electric vehicle charging station, the HCS-40, is a high-quality, high-power, low-price EVSE, built and tested to automaker standards to ensure a reliable charge every time. The HCS-40 takes the wear-and-tear of everyday use in all environments. Its tough NEMA 4 outdoor rated enclosure ensures you can install this unit anywhere with confidence.
Works with ALL plug-in vehicles including the Porsche Panamera, Nissan LEAF, Hyundai Sonata, Kia Niro, etc.
Need help finding an electrician? Check out our electrician locator tool: ClipperCreek Charging Station Recommended Installers
- Not sure whether to purchase a hardwired or plug-in?
- Read “EV Charging Station Installation: Hardwired vs. Plug-In”
- to find out which model is best for your installation!
- 32 Amp, Level 2, 240V, 7.7kW, Hardwired, Up to 31 Miles of Range Per Hour of Charging
- Compatible with All EVs: 32 Amps of power (7.7kW) is perfect for plug-in electric vehicles like the Nissan LEAF, Chevy Bolt, and BMW i3
- Faster Charging Speeds: High-powered, Level 2 EV Charging Station EVSE charges your car up to 5.5x faster than the cordset that came with your electric vehicle
- Indoor / Outdoor Rated: Rugged, fully sealed NEMA 4 enclosure for installation anywhere, indoor or outdoor
- Reliable: Backed by ClipperCreek's 3-year warranty and outstanding customer service
- Convenient: 25 feet of charging cable for flexible installation and usability
- Automatic Circuit Reclosure: In the event of a minor power fault, the built-in reclosure timer will continue re-checking conditions and begin charging again as soon as possible (if your car needs charging)
- Cable Management Included: Keep your charging cord neatly stowed with ClipperCreek’s integrated cable wrap and free wall mount connector holster. Plus, our connector accommodates a specially sized padlock (lock included free) for your security
- Free Connector Tag and Dry Erase Pen Included: Use to indicate if it's okay to unplug your vehicle while charging at a public charging station
- Safety Certified: Unlike some brands sold online, ClipperCreek's ETL listing demonstrates this product has met the requirements of widely accepted product safety standards for EV charging stations.
- ENERGY STAR® Certified
Other Available Options:
- HCS-40P with NEMA 14-50 Plug (0922-00-003) or HCS-40P with NEMA 6-50 Plug (0922-00-000): Plug-in versions of the HCS-40, available with two different types of NEMA plugs.
- Ruggedized HCS-40R (0918-01-003): Designed for fleet, parking lot, and extreme weather conditions, features a rubber over-molded SAE J1772 connector, and a five-year warranty.
- ChargeGuard Access Control (0900-08-000): Add ChargeGuard to your order for just $86 per HCS-40 and control who is able to use your charging station. ChargeGuard is a simple key-based access control solution designed for fleet, workplace, multi-tenant, hospitality, and residential charging applications.
- Share2 HCS-40 Circuit Sharing Bundle (0918-00-003-0900-14-000): Connect two HCS-40 charging stations on the same 40 Amp circuit and they will share power when two cars are plugged in.
- Cable Cradle - The ClipperCreek Cable Cradle mounts to a wall near your electric vehicle charging station or connector holster to easily manage the cable, keeping it off the ground and wall when not in use (charging station and connector holster sold separately).
- The Wall Mount Retractor from ClipperCreek is the ideal solution for sites that need cable management, keeping charging cables off the ground and vehicle connectors protected.
Compatible Mounting Solutions:
- HCS Pedestal (0300-00-033)
- ProMountDuo Universal Pedestal (0300-00-025)
- Ruggedized ProMountDuo Universal Pedestal (0300-00-026)
There are many local and state incentives for the purchase and installation of an EV charging station. To see if there are any available for your area, visit our EVSE Rebates and Incentives page.
To read or download the latest Manual for this product, please visit ClipperCreek Product Manuals.
"Really great no frills EVSE. I have had my Clipper Creek HCS-40 installed outdoors on the side of my house since April 2014. After almost 5 years it is still working great and has never let me down. Every night I plug in and in the morning I am ready for another day of driving. This unit has held up really well and only shows a little bit of fading after years out in the sun."
|Charging Power||32 Amp (7.7kW max)|
|Product Dimensions||19.7"L x 8.9"W x 5.3"D|
|Product Weight||13.5 lbs|
|Installation||Hardwired (3 foot service whip provided)|
|Supply Circuit||208/240V, 40A|
|Charge Cable Length||25 feet|
|Vehicle Connector Type||Lockable SAE J1772|
|Accessories Included||SAE J1772 Connector Holster (wall mount); Connector Lock and Keys|
|Enclosure||Fully Sealed NEMA 4|
|Environment Rating||Indoor/Outdoor rated|
|Operating Temperature||-22°F to 122°F (-30°C to +50°C)|
|Certifications||ETL, cETLus, ENERGY STAR®|
|Country of Origin||United States of America|
HCS-40, 32 Amp, Level 2 EVSE, 240V, Hardwired, with 25 ft cable, ETL Listed, ENERGY STAR Certified
- Brand: ClipperCreek
- Product Code: HCS-40-C13-L25-144
- Availability: In Stock
$622.00 & Free Shipping
Tags: 32A, 32Amp, 32 Amp, 32 A, 40, hcs40, A3 E-Tron, Q5, 330e, 530e, 740e, 745e, i8, X3 xDrive30e, X5 xDrive40e, X5 xDrive45e, ActiveE, i3, ELR, CT6, Spark, Volt, Volt LT, Bolt, Volt Premier, Pacifica, Coda, 500e, Karma, C-Max Energi, Escape, Fusion Energi, Focus, Accord, Clarity, Ioniq, Sonata, Kona, I-PACE, Wrangler 4xe, Revero, Niro, Optima, Soul, Aviator Grand Touring, C350 Hybrid, GLE 550e, S550 Hybrid, GLC 350e, Cooper S E Countryman ALL4, Cooper SE, i-MiEV, Outlander, Leaf, Leaf S, Leaf Plus, Leaf SL, Leaf SV, Polestar 2, 918 Spyder, Cayenne S E-Hybrid, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid, Panamera S E-Hybrid, Cayenne S E-Hybrid Upgrade, Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Upgrade, Panamera S E-Hybrid Upgrade, P400e, ForTwo ED, Crosstrek PHEV, Model 3 Standard, Prius EV, Prius Prime EV, RAV4 Prime SE, Premium, V60, XC90 T8, S90 T8, XC60 T8, XC40 Recharge, e-Golf SE, e-Golf, e-Golf SEL